While an in-person interpreter is considered the “gold standard” for using an interpreter there are many situations where this is not effective or practical. Scheduling and waiting for a qualified interpreter to come on-site can might not be practical and can take time to schedule. If you’re a medical facility, in education, or even part of a first-responder organization like the fire department or police, VRI provides the technology and people needed to make every interaction easier for all involved. It is a cost-effective way to provide quality communication to anyone, anywhere.
That’s where we come in. Language People delivers the same quality of interpreting we have delivered in-person for over 31 years via video remote interpreting (VRI) with on-demand access to a qualified sign language interpreter at the touch of a button.
When you use VRI from Language People, you can be sure you’re getting the very best in:
- Compliance—Providing interpreters keeps you in compliance with laws, policies, and standards including:
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) policy
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA)
- Health Information Technology for Economics and Clinical Health (HITECH)
- Office of Minority Health policy
- The Joint Commission standards
- Confidentiality—Privacy and security are top priorities of Language People. Our interpreters are required to sign and abide by a strict code of ethics. This ensures that any customer’s sensitive information is handled with the utmost care.
- Patient Care—Language should never be a barrier to getting quality medical care. The patient is a key member of any medical team. VRI allows them to be an active team participant.
- Efficiency—Our patented technology allows you to include language preference in a patient’s electronic medical record. This improves patient flow and communication in future visits.
- Cost Effectiveness—Now there’s an economic option that allows you to better serve your clients on a limited budget.